LAWN KINGS: SYNTHETIC GRASS / ARTIFICIAL TURF PRICE GUIDE 2018
HOW MUCH DOES SYNTHTIC GRASS / ARTIFICIAL TURF COST TO INSTALL?
This will be a rather long and very detailed explanation. It is meant for those of you who Guys & Gals who want to dig into the nuts and bolts of a typical Lawn Kings Synthetic Grass Installation.
But if you’re looking for a short and quick answer now just give us a call for a Free Over-The-Phone Estimate: (661) 310-9375 or (818) 340-3640. We will ask you a few basic questions;
- Front Yard, Backyard – both?
- Approximate Square Footage or Dimensions? If you don’t know that’s not a problem
- Access to Project Area – is it easily accessible or narrow, up a hill, far away, etc.?
- Type of Turf – economical 1.5” or most natural looking 1.75”-2” height?
- Location – it’s important because some areas have high dump fees & material costs
We do offer FREE ESTIMATES, when we visit we’ll take a short video, measure up, and note the work situation and project particulars. Oftentimes we can quote the same day and if not virtually always before noon of the following day.
NOTE: This is a BALLPARK or GENERIC HYPOTHETICAL ESTIMATE your actual price may be significantly lower or higher.
COST TO INSTALL LAWN KINGS SYNTHETIC GRASS
Assumptions: there are no two lawns exactly the same, they can sure be pretty close but in most cases there are some differences. So, we will make some basic assumptions;
- YARD: Front yard or Backyard
- SQUARE FOOTAGE: 1,000 (25’x40’)
- ACCESS: Project Area is Easily Accessible
- SYNTHETIC GRASS TYPE: Excellent Quality 1.75” to 2” in Height
- LOCATION: Los Angeles Metropolitan Area
- PROJECT DETAILS: A standard shaped lawn in other words; custom cutting & odd geometry, steep hillsides, extra excavation, etc. are not required
This is a list of the basic elements required for a synthetic grass installation project.
- Materials: Synthetic Grass, Base Material, Edging, Accessories, Weed Barrier, Special Infill Mix
- Labor: Choose an experienced crew or maybe not
- Operational Costs: Dump Fees, Fuel, Delivery Fees, etc.
- Overhead: Workers Comp., Liability Insurance, Online Advertising, etc.
- Company Profit: We hope you appreciate something that’s reasonable
TYPICAL LAWN KINGS – HIGH QUALITY SYNTHETIC GRASS INSTALLATION
SQ FT 1,000 SQ FT MATERIALS
$2.95 $2,950.00 Synthetic Grass: waste 8 -12% not included (turf price is $1.95 to +$3.50!)
$0.35 $350.00 Base Material: Class II Road Base or Decomposed Granite (DG)
$0.10 $100.00 Edging/BendaBoard: $20 per 20′ length, 100’=5/EA
$0.15 $150.00 Accessories: Nails $50/bx, Staples & Stakes
$0.12 $115.00 Weed Barrier: $115 for 1,000 sq ft
$0.02 $20.00 Weed Killer: $20 for good quality 7 fl. oz. mixed w/ 2 gal. water
$0.57 $574.00 Special Infill Mix, Zeolite & Wonderfill for 1.5 lbs per sq ft
$4.26 $4,259.00 TOTAL MATERIALS
SQ FT 1,000 SQ FT LABOR
$4.00 $4,000.00 Highly Priced Outstanding Crew
$3.00 $3,000.00 Competitively Priced Outstanding Crew, we are competitive as possible!
$2.00 $2,000.00 Maybe an ok crew??? – please see a project they’ve completed
$3.00 $3,000.00 TOTAL LABOR: Competitive Outstanding Crew
SQ FT 1,000 SQ FT OPERATIONAL COSTS
$0.50 $500.00 Dump Fee: $250×2 trips=$500/1000
$0.10 $100.00 Fuel: trip to the dump, foreman and/owner visits etc.
$0.10 $100.00 Delivery of Synthetic Grass & Accessories: Fuel& Driver Time
$0.70 $700.00 TOTAL OPERATIONAL COSTS
$7.96 $7,959.00 SYNTHETIC GRASS INSTALLATION SUB TOTAL
SQ FT 1,000 SQ FT OVERHEAD 10%
SQ FT 1,000 SQ FT PROFIT 10%
$9.81 $8,914.08 PROJECT TOTAL
Lawn Kings, Inc. will provide a Complete Price Quote – we mention this because we know of a couple of the larger synthetic grass companies will provide a seemingly low or competitive quote for the turf and then will add on additional products such as; Edging (BendaBoard), Infill (Zeolyte or other), Accessories (Nails & Staples, etc.). Lawn Kings typically will provide one price for the entire project with the turf you select. Contact us today for a FREE ESTIMATE!
LAWN KINGS, INC.